2 cups room temperature homemade butter (see butter recipe)
1 + 1/2 cup carob chips
1/2 cup organic cornstarch
1 cup powdered sugar (find a brand that is cane sugar and cornstarch as the only ingredients)
1 tablespoon alcohol free vanilla extract
3 cups unbleached organic all-purpose flour
1. Allow butter to come to room temperature (DO NOT allow butter to melt) and with a baking or wooden spatula, fold in vanilla extract and then carob chips.
2. Add your powdered sugar, then fold in, and then cornstarch and then fold in.
3. Fold in your flour, and then divide the dough in half, and roll your dough into a log.
4. Wrap the logs individually in plastic wrap and then put into your refrigerator for 2 hours.
5. Remove from plastic wrap and cut and place each cookie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown at the bottom. Cookies will still be soft when you remove from the oven but they will eventually become crisp (just like a shortbread cookie!) after they cool down.
7. Allow the cookies to cool on cooling rack for 15 minutes. Makes approximately 25 cookies.